Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Serene Snowflake Ornament

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying this weeks featured stamp set Serene Snowflakes. 

Today's project is a little bit more detailed and time consuming, but I think you will agree it is worth it. 



 

 

Supplies used in today project:

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes: {115438}             
Inks: Night of Navy {102977} Versamark ink{102283}                          
Cardstock: Non SU! thick white cardstock (120lb weight)
Accessories:  Stampin' Dimensionals {104430} Clear embossing powder {109130} Dazzling Diamonds glitter{102023} embossing gun {100005} Rhinestone brads clear {113144} silver stretchy cord {109866} Night of navy organdy ribbon (retired)

I began by stamping one of each of the snowflakes on heavy weight cardstock in night of navy ink.  Once all the snowflakes were stamped, I cut each one out.  (no lie....this was time consuming)  Next I inked up all of the snowflakes with versamark ink and sprinkled on the clear embossing powder.  While the embossing powder was melted, I dipped the snowflake in the embossing powder a 2nd time...and then again once more....and then the fourth time I sprinkle on the dazzling diamonds glitter (heat from the under side of the paper) .  Each time melting the embossing powder until it was completely melted.

Once all the snowflakes were cooled, I attached my rhinestone brad.  Next attaching the layers of the snowflake with dimensionals. 

I used my piercing tool to poke a hole in the top of the largest snowflake, and threaded my silver stretchy cord through.  Then tied the ribbon. 

I tried to take the best pictures I could, but honestly it's much prettier in person. 

I hope you enjoyed today's project, be sure to stop back on Friday for this week's scrapbook page using Serene snowflakes. 


5 comments:

ScrapHappyGal

WOW!!!! This ornament is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! TFS

Claire

Wow, I love it. Again I love anything snowflake. These would look great on a tree or hanging from a ceiling. Great Idea! TFS

Clisi96

Beautiful! You are so talented!

Joy Tracey

That is GORGEOUS, Mandy!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing it and the techniques on how you made that! GREAT JOB!!!

Hugs, Joy

khd

So pretty!!! :)

Keisha